[QE-users] Bad scaling on GPU version QE

JING YANG yang15 at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 8 20:33:34 CEST 2019

I am working on the latest version 6.4-a1. I have followed the instructions
on the link you provided during the installation. I would like to know
which part of the calculation in pw being accelerated by GPU. For example,
is it boosting the matrix diagonalization during scf cycles, or boosting
the hybrid functional calculations? I am hoping to GPU acceleration can
boost up the calculation on the exact exchange in hybrid functional
calculations. Is this the case?

Thanks,
Jing