[QE-users] Symmetry Considerations

Michael Mehl mmehl at usna.edu
Thu Jan 10 21:08:56 CET 2019

Willem,

Add the command

use_all_frac=.true.

to &system.  IIRC, this adjusts the FFT grid to be commensurate.

Alternatively, you can set the values of the FFT grid (nr1, nr2, nr3) by
hand.  Depending on the fractional translation, making these integers
multiples of 2, 3, 4, or 6 should solve your problem.

Note the warning in the PW documentation about when you shouldn't set
use_all_frac

[image: USNA_Gold_Seal.png]

Michael J. Mehl, Ph.D.

Kinnear Chair in Physics