[QE-users] QE_2_BoltzTrap

Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de
Mon Jan 7 16:28:24 CET 2019

Dear Mohammad,

first of all:

Please take into account that I did the modifications to BoltzTraP more
than 4 years ago and didn't use the program since that time.
You really need to check the details by yourself. Do a test calculation
for some simple material - one where you have maybe one band
filled, with quadratic dispersion, where one can calculate everything
also by hand. Furthermore, the program will still give you the
conductivity and such in SI units for the 3D cell - you need to
multiply/divide at some point with the length of the cell in the z
direction.
It took me some time to get things right and I can't find the notes at
the moment as I meanwhile needed to move 2 times.

The modifications:

In the src directory of the BoltzTraP 1.2.5, I modified 2 files,
fermiintegrals.F90 and gmlib2.F90.
The changes are given in the attached fermiintegrals.diff and
gmlib2.diff. Yet, these also include some commented tests I did at this
time.

AGAIN: Please check carefully, I cannot guarantee anything and be sure
that you get the units right (3D compared to 2D).
Read the original BoltzTraP paper!

Regards

Thomas