[QE-users] Wannier90 v3.0.0 new major release

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Wed Feb 27 17:20:09 CET 2019

Dear all,

After two years in the making, we are very proud to announce a new major release of Wannier90, v3.0.0. This can be downloaded from http://www.wannier.org/download/

Moreover, this new release will be fully integrated with the upcoming release of Quantum ESPRESSO (by just running ‘make w90’).

This work has been possible also thanks to the many contributions of various researchers, who are listed on the GitHub home page<https://github.com/wannier-developers/wannier90> of the project.

The list of all changes can be found on the CHANGELOG<https://github.com/wannier-developers/wannier90/blob/v3.0.0/CHANGELOG.md> and the list of all features of the code can be found on the Features page<http://www.wannier.org/features/> of the website.

Together with this new version, we also redesigned the Wannier website. You can find the new version at the usual address: http://www.wannier.org<http://www.wannier.org/> (you might need to clear your browser cache to see the new website).

Furthermore, a paper describing the new functionality of this new major release is in preparation. We will keep you posted as soon as it is published.

Cheers,
The Wannier90 developer group (Giovanni Pizzi, Valerio Vitale, Nicola Marzari, David Vanderbilt, Ivo Souza, Arash Mostofi, Jonathan Yates)

P.S.: for the developers of the interfaces to the various codes: we are more than happy to be in touch with you to discuss the new interface features and how to integrate these in your interface codes. In particular, all the new functionality is already integrated in pw2wannier90.x, the interface between Quantum ESPRESSO and Wannier90, and will be distributed with the upcoming Quantum ESPRESSO release.