[QE-users] [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] unexpected burst of messages

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:13:54 CET 2019

A possible explanation is that your mail serve was keeping some messages on
hold, for whatever reason, and delivered them when it restarted. I
occasionally answer weeks later, so it is not a big deal if you answer
messages dating back to August: you may always pretend that you are sooo
busy :-) .

Unfortunately there are more and more problems with the mailing list. The
mailing list software itself works perfectly, but flawed anti-spam filters,
flawed mailers, questionable policies of big corporations (google, yahoo,
etc.), have made reliable delivery of email a thing of the past. Not sure
what, if anything, can be done.

Paolo

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 3:29 PM Giuseppe Mattioli <
giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it> wrote:

> Dear users and developers
> My mail server unexpectedly released a series of old messages, some of
> them posted to the QE mailing list. Thus, I'm afraid I've actually
> replied to a bunch of very old posts... :-(
> Let me apologize, I didn't want to spread confusion!
> Giuseppe
>
> GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
> CNR - ISTITUTO DI STRUTTURA DELLA MATERIA
> Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
> I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
> Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
> Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316
> E-mail: <giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it>

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222