[QE-users] NEB calculation no symmetry found

Fabrizio Cossu fabrizio.cossu at apctp.org
Thu Feb 14 09:58:09 CET 2019

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 17:37, Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 8:34 AM Offermans Willem <willem.offermans at vito.be>
> wrote:
>

>> So neb.x is able to detect symmetry. Only in my particular case, it is
>> not able to and I wonder why.
>

> the reason has been explained no less than 1001 times: if the code does
> not find a symmetry, it's not there, according to the criteria implemented
> in the code.
>
> Paolo
>
> A DFT code should recognise symmetry operations within a certain tolerance
given the coordinates of the atoms. A quick search ("symmetry",
"tolerance") in the pw.x input options does not return any result for a
tunable parameter. What is the default value for the tolerance, and what
should I do if I had to define a certain tolerance?
Thank you,
Fabrizio

--

*Fabrizio Cossupostdoctoral fellow at APCTP (Asia Pacific Center for
Theoretical Physics)*,

  ,----| |    | |      |      |    |   http://www.apctp.org/?JrgId=16