[QE-users] Convergence in Hexagonal Systems

Dr. Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de
Sat Feb 9 17:49:39 CET 2019

Dear Anuja Chanana,

I don't think it is the pseudo which gives problems in one case and none
in the other. Looking at the structure I guess that you want to
simulate an isolated
layer in the hexagonal system, don't you? Otherwise it would make no
sense to have a vacuum of 6 Angstrom. But then, why do you have only
6 Angstrom? And why do you use k-point sampling in a non-periodic direction?
Furthermore, your in-plane k-point sampling is different in both systems which
could explain other differences!? If you really want to simulate a 2D
system have a look at the input variable

assume_isolated='2D'

Otherwise, if you don't want to simulate a 2D system, please check your
structures with, e.g., XCrysDen.

Regards

Thomas Brumme

--
Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Brumme
Wilhelm-Ostwald-Institute for Physical and Theoretical Chemistry

Tel:  +49 (0)341 97 36456

email: thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de