[QE-users] X-CrysDen atomic position error

Pooja Vyas poojavyas1251995 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 07:18:33 CET 2019

Talking in detail about my procedure,
I opened the following input file (which is for equlibrium lattice
parameter of CaO) which has two atomic positions in X-crysden. Then it
showed me a structure with 27 atoms whose co-ordinates (read by atoms info)
are as follows:
Ca 0.5 0.5 0.0
Ca 0.0 0.0 0.0
Ca 0.5 0.0 0.5
Ca 0.0 0.5 0.5
O  0.0 0.0 0.5
O  0.5 0.5 0.5
O  0.0 0.5 0.0
O  0.5 0.0 0.0
Ca 0.5 0.5 1.0
Ca 0.0 0.0 1.0
O  0.0 0.5 1.0
O  0.5 0.0 1.0
Ca 0.0 1.0 0.0
Ca 0.5 1.0 0.5
O  0.0 1.0 0.5
O  0.5 1.0 0.0
Ca 0.0 1.0 1.0
O  0.5 1.0 1.0
Ca 1.0 0.0 0.0
Ca 1.0 0.5 0.5
O  1.0 0.0 0.5
O  1.0 0.5 0.0
Ca 1.0 0.0 1.0
O  1.0 0.5 1.0
Ca 1.0 1.0 0.0
O  1.0 1.0 0.5
Ca 1.0 1.0 1.0
So, don't I have to include all this atomic positions while calculating
energy due to vacancy?