[QE-users] Berry phase calculation of negatively charged NV center

Anil Bilgin bilgin at uchicago.edu
Fri Dec 20 18:58:16 CET 2019

I have not carried out this calculation without spin polarization. However,
spin polarization should be supported according to the source file header.
Also, I believe not doing a spin-polarized calculation would yield an
unphysical result, as the NV- center in diamond has a net spin. I suspect
the simulation would not converge and bounce around the many
close-to-degenerate answers in the case of spin unpolarized calculations?

Thank you,
Anil Bilgin