[QE-users] GRIR443 benchmark - is it running properly?

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:15:05 CET 2019

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 11:50 AM Steve Brasier <steveb at stackhpc.com> wrote:

srun --mpi=pmix /q-e-qe-6.4.1/bin/pw.x -nimage 4 -in grir443.in
> -disk_io='none'

-nimage is not used. Command-line option -disk_io is nonexistent.

there's zero communications between the 4 nodes I'm using. Is that expected
> behaviour for pw.x, or does that suggest something is wrong?

I think pw.x ignores option -nimage 4, but if it doesn't, you are running 4
copies of the same run on a single processor. In the header there is a
message saying how many processors the code is running on.

Paolo

> Thanks for any help, or even pointers to GRIR443 tutorials or results.
>
> regards
> Steve Brasier

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222