[QE-users] extract spinor wave-functions

Suguru Ito s-ito at issp.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Aug 8 00:12:00 CEST 2019

Dear Dr. Paolo Giannozzi,

Thank you very much for giving me the valuable information! Now I
understand how spinor components are stored in QE output files.

I also feel that I should have specified my approach in my last post,
which can be helpful for other users. Following the PP user guide, I am
using wfck2r.x. Its format is introduced in a previous post:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.quantum-espresso.org/msg34168.html
By specifying first_k, last_k, first_band, and last_band, the program
generates ascii files containing complex wave functions on a real space
grid of (nr1x, nr2x, nr3x).

A problem I was facing was its output has no information of spinor
components. Nevertheless, by checking the source wfck2r.f90, we notice
that both components are calculated as Dr. Paolo Giannozzi wrote. I do
not know the reason, but a write function does not refer to the second
spinor component. So, we just need to modify the line accordingly.

Now I am calculating spinor wave-fucntions of topological surface states
and I would like to check spin-polarization will be reproduced correctly.

Best regards,
Suguru Ito