[QE-users] cell_dofree with BFGS relaxation

Daniel Marchand daniel.marchand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:55:31 CEST 2019

Thanks, Lorenzo, for the rapid response. I have a bit of a concern w.r.t
the z-only relaxation. When I use BFGS the z component of all the axis are
allowed to relax. However, I do not want this, I want only the z component
of axis 3 (v3_z) to be moved, as per the description in the documentation.
This only seems possible with the damp algorithm. Here I have attached
sample input for both the bfgs and damp_pr algorithms
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17Bt8HHL55yG75cba6awvl8E_wo20KDYI/view?usp=sharing.
Perhaps I have one of the settings wrong?

Best,

Daniel