[QE-users] Error with SSSP Efficiency (version 1.0) Pseudopotentials

Karmodak, Naiwrit Naiwrit.Karmodak at unt.edu
Wed Apr 24 19:49:36 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am trying to relax the bulk structure of CoI2 with SSSP Efficiency (version 1.0) Pseudopotentials, but met with the following error:
"S matrix not positive definite". This might be due to the input structures, but the structure is taken from the COD.cif. I am attaching the input file.

However, the same input file runs and convergence is achieved when the pseudopotential is changed to SSSP Efficiency (version 0.7).

I am not able to understand the problem with the version of pseudopotential. Thank you very much.

<input_file>

&control
calculation = 'vc-relax',
prefix = 'CoI2',