[QE-users] forcing Sn(iv) or Sn(0) charges in a MASnI3 crystal

dv009200 at fh-muenster.de dv009200 at fh-muenster.de
Wed Apr 24 10:00:20 CEST 2019

Dear Julien,

I remember that some time ago as I learned about Quantum ESPRESSO I viewed
an old conference contribution (from the Quantum ESPRESSO Tutorial
recommendations) about DFT+U from Matteo Cococcioni. There he had an
example where the calculation of Li0.5FePO4 led to an charge of 2.5 on the
Iron atoms with normal DFT. With DFT+U he ended up with half of the Iron
atoms in the oxidation state +2 and the other half of the Iron atoms in
the oxidation state +3 which is physically more reasonable than the normal
DFT result. I don't know how well this applies to your problem but if you
want to check the conference contribution here's the link:
http://slideshot.epfl.ch/play/kQtOP4iZGwFA

Hopefully this can help

Best regards

Dominik