[QE-users] Using charge density from previous calculation as starting point for different k-point grid

Pietro Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Sun Sep 9 10:24:25 CEST 2018

Hi Marcos.

You can use the old density (startingpot='file' in electrons) but not
the wavefunctions.

If I understand well you are asking whether there is a way to read the
wavefunctions only for those k-point which were in the first and in the
new computations. This option is not implemented and I am not sure that
it would make you save a significant amount of time.

Just to ask, but if it is a slab, supposing it is perpendicular to the z
axis,  why are you using 3 and 6  points in that direction  shouldn't
one point be sufficient ?

greetings - pietro