[QE-users] data-file.xml not generated in outdir

Michal Krompiec michal.krompiec at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 19:50:07 CEST 2018

Dear Pietro,
Thanks, this explains a lot.
In case anybody else struggles with this: QE's new xml format can be read
by YAMBO's p2y if the latter is compiled with --with-p2y-version=qexsd (see
http://www.yambo-code.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1405).
Best,
Michal

Dr. Michal Krompiec

Adjunct Professor

School of Chemistry, University of Southampton

Highfield, Southampton SO17 1BJ, UK

and

Head of Computational Modelling | Performance Materials | Early Research
and Business Development

Merck

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 15:50, Pietro Davide Delugas <pdelugas at sissa.it>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> in the latter versions of pw the xml data file has a new format and is
called data-file-schema.xml instead of data-file.xml,

> If you are using version 6.3 you can still compile the program in order
to use the old format, you have just to pass the --disable-xml option to
the configure script.

> This configure option will be no longer present in the next releases and
its already unavailable in the development version.

> kind regards - pietro
>

> On 09/07/2018 04:33 PM, Michal Krompiec wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I'm trying to use QE with YAMBO. I start with an scf calculation followed
by nscf calculation (with wf_collect = .true. and restart_mode =
"from_scratch" in &control), but data-file.xml is not generated in outdir
(but all the other files are!). This is happening even if I use the
examples from a YAMBO tutorial (so it is not a simple error in my input
file, I suppose).