[QE-users] zincblende structure, SCF convergence

Michal Krompiec michal.krompiec at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:18:59 CEST 2018

Dear Lorenzo,
Thank you. I am sure the system is not metallic, the band gap (calculated
with PBE) should be around 0.59 eV (vs. experimental 1.41 eV). I tried your
suggestions, but with no luck (energy oscillates instead of converging). I
tried changing mixing_beta from 0.05 to 0.9, increasing and decreasing
number of k-points - still the same.
In the meantime, I did a calculation on exactly the same system in CASTEP
without any problems (default settings, 3x3x3 Monkhorst-Pack grid), with
on-the-fly USPs and also with norm-conserving ones. So clearly I am doing
something wrong or there is something not right with my QE build (6.3,
compiled with Intel 2017 compilers and Intel MPI).
I would be very grateful for any further suggestions.

Best wishes,

Michal