[QE-users] Magnetism of holmium

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 12:08:34 CEST 2018

> Lorenzo - sure, but why? Wentzcovitch pseudopotential are more accurate,
> and they require roughly ~40Ry.

I've tried both set at the beginning, but I could not get reliable
results with the Wentzcovitch (W) ones. The pslibrary one are a big
pain, a constant barely tolerable  pain. The W ones are (in my
experience) less of a pain until they work, but sometimes the total
energy went completely off, as if there was some kind of ghost state.

I think there is just no easy way to treat rare earth metals.

Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris