[QE-users] Relax caculation not completed

Leonid Kahle leonid.kahle at epfl.ch
Tue Oct 2 09:26:19 CEST 2018

Hello Gui,

Another reason your calculation take very long is your low *mixing_beta*
(ELECTRONS).
Is it really necessary? The smaller, the more robust, but the slower you
get to the electronic ground state.
Also, your *conv_thr* (ELECTRONS) is quite high, it might lead to a lot
of noise for the BFGS algorithm.
It's worth checking whether your forces have converged at that value,
and if not, make it tighter. Here in the lab we typically use 1e-11*nat.
It might make the overall time-to-solution for the ionic ground state
faster, and your result will be much more accurate.

Hope it was helpful,

     Leonid