[QE-users] Magnetism of holmium

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Mon Oct 1 18:28:20 CEST 2018

Dear Martin,

we tested a couple of pseudo libraries with the f frozen, but apart from
La they do not work that well in general. As mentioned by Christopher,
you want the f.

Here are a few tests:
https://www.materialscloud.org/discover/sssp/plot/efficiency/Ho

and if you eg brose the provennce tree for the Ho US pslibrary 1.0
until you get to a PWscf calculation:

https://www.materialscloud.org/explore/sssp/details/f2383960-43b6-4bf6-b080-b49e43c6ce12?nodeType=CALCULATION

you can see that the pseudo tested is
Ho.pbe-spdfn-rrkjus_psl.1.0.0.UPF

I would tend to recommend the Wentzocvitch series, but it's true that
all rare earths are rarely tested. In addition, they have strong
multiconfigurational character, so standard LDA/GGA/GGA+U/HSE
DFT doesn't do that well.

				nicola