[QE-users] Unit Cell goes larger and larger in variable cell geometry optimization

Zakaria Azdad zakaria.azdad at unibas.ch
Fri Nov 23 10:53:44 CET 2018

Dear Li,

I had the same issue back in the days.If you start really far from equilibrium it is usually hard to get the ground state, the way I solved it is by running a scf for a set of celldm(1) and looking either at forces, pressure or the total energy.

Once the approximate value of celldm is found, I runned a relax calculation and than a vc-relax.

Hope this will work for you as well,

Cheers,

Zack