[QE-users] alpha^2F (w) and lambda (w)

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:37:49 CEST 2018

The grid of wave-vectors (q) is a uniform grid, unshifted (i.e. contains
q=0), generated using the nq1,nq2,nq3 input parameters of the phonon code,
with only symmetry-independent points in the Irreducible Brillouin Zone.
kpoints.x should do exactly the same. Note however that the symmetry of the
crystal (used by the phonon code) may differ from the symmetry of the
lattice  (used by kpoints.x) and thus the two IBZ may not be the same

Paolo

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 5:21 PM, Elio Physics <Elio-Physics at live.com> wrote:

> Yes they are. For example,
>
> a 12x12x1 grid used for ph.x generates 43 q points whereas  the kpoints.x
> will generate 144 points for a  12x12x1. But in this case how can I define
> the set of points needed for the lambda.x  input file?
>

> Regards

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222