[QE-users] 'Cholesky failed in aceupdate.' when using npools

Lars Blumenthal lars.blumenthal11 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 30 15:49:55 CEST 2018

This is for future reference: With Paolo's help, I found out that I had
to recompile QE.
At first I was running the pwscf v.6.1 that was precompiled on ARCHER
and in that case the parallelisation over k-points didn't work when
using hybrid functionals.
However, it does work with the pwscf version (also v.6.1) I compiled myself.

Many thanks to Paolo and best wishes,

Lars
PhD Student
EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training on Theory and Simulation of Materials
Imperial College London