[QE-users] any tool to get real space force constant from shifted q grid or manually q grid phonon calculations?

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Thu May 10 06:41:39 CEST 2018

Hello,
the cost of computing the phonon dos with matdyn is zero, compared to the
cost of the phonon calculation itself.

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
Written on a virtual keyboard with real fingers

On 10 May 2018 06:31, "Yi Wang" <wangwy13 at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear everyone,

As I understand, the q2r.x works only on gamma centered q grids for the
DFPT calculations. However, is there any tool to calculate the real space
force constant for the shift q points calculations and the manually q grid
calculations?

If it is possible, I want to test the phonon DOS calculation on some
smaller q grids for the sake of saving cost.

Thank for your guidance.

Yi Wang
Nanjing University of Sci. & Tech.