[QE-users] Partial phonon density of states

Mitsuaki Kawamura mkawamura at issp.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri Mar 9 16:12:15 CET 2018

Dear Amreen.

Hello,

Very recently, I added the function to compute partial phonon DOS into matdyn.x
The patch file can be found here.
https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/commit/94c6e16d1ece59ee7353dc0caecc263e538da1de.diff
You can apply this as follows at the QE top directory:
$ wget https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/commit/94c6e16d1ece59ee7353dc0caecc263e538da1de.diff
$ patch -p1 < 94c6e16d1ece59ee7353dc0caecc263e538da1de.diff
$ make ph

By the way, from your e-mail, I think the contribution from each atom to the specific soft mode is more important than the phonon PDOS.

Best regards,
Mitsuaki Kawamura

Dr. Mitsuaki Kawamura
Software Advancement Team
Supercomputer Section
Materials Design and Characterization Laboratory
The Institute for Solid State Physics, Kashiwa, Japan