[QE-users] Wrong adsorption energy

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Thu Mar 8 16:19:08 CET 2018

two things I think might be the origin of strange results.

your ethyl-anion is charged. the code introduce a compensating
background that should cancel out when you calculate the adsortion
energy but you are using different cells in the two charged
configurations. so something does not cancel out as it should.

there might be some vdW interaction contributing to the physisorption. I
see no inclusion of vdW corrections or use of vdW-aware functionals in
your calculations.

best

stefano