[QE-users] Bader Charge

Laurens Siemons laurenssiemons at hotmail.be
Fri Jun 8 11:59:15 CEST 2018

Dear Sudha,

After you have done a scf or relax (pw.x) calculation on your structure, you can use pp.x to obtain a .cube file from the .save file. I use plot_num = 17 for this (I use PAW pseudopotentials), iflag = 3 and output_format = 6 to make the .cube file as shown here:

&inputpp
    prefix  = 'adsorption101-4pa-m'
    outdir = '/TMP'
    filplot = 'adsorption101-4pa-m-bader'
    plot_num= 17
/
&plot
    nfile = 1
    iflag = 3
    output_format = 6
    fileout = 'adsorption101-4pa-m.cube'
/

>From this site you can download a simple program to obtain the bader charges out of the .cube file:

http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/henkelman/code/bader/

Best of luck!

Laurens Siemons

Master student, University of Antwerp

[http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/henkelman/code/bader/bader.gif]<http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/henkelman/code/bader/>

Code: Bader Charge Analysis - University of Texas at Austin<http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/henkelman/code/bader/>
theory.cm.utexas.edu
Code: Bader Charge Analysis News. 09/25/17 - Version 1.03 Released Default to -vac off Introduction. Richard Bader, from McMaster University, developed an intuitive way of dividing molecules into atoms.