[QE-users] Shifting of Fermi level by applying bi-axial strain

Rajneesh Chaurasiya rajnano2012 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:52:58 CEST 2018

Dear Paolo,
My question is simple, why the Fermi level is shifted close to valance band
or conduction band by shifting the Fermi energy in strained monolayers.
In basic semiconductor, if the Fermi level is close to conduction band then
its called n types semiconductor while if the Fermi level is close to the
valance band is called p type semiconductor.
In most the software like Wien2k Fermi level is located close to the
valance band means all states are filled upto that level and also remain
same by applying the strain. but in espresso, its switch to valance band
maxima and conduction band minima by according to applied strain. i think,
its not acceptable. please correct if i am wrong.

--
Thanks & Regards
Rajneesh Chaurasiya