[Pw_forum] "Segmentation fault" Error in KDOS

Mohammed Ghadiyali m786g at live.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 08:54:18 CET 2018

Dear All,

I am having following error:

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

Backtrace for this error:
#0  0x2B6D7C4446F7
#1  0x2B6D7C444D3E
#2  0x2B6D7D31826F
#3  0x41CEF1 in atomic_wfc_nc_proj_ at atomic_wfc_nc_proj.f90:113
#4  0x4157FE in projwave_nc_ at projwfc.f90:1000
#5  0x41C2AC in MAIN__ at projwfc.f90:182

This error only occurs if I am performing KDOS calculation along with spin-orbital coupling.

It does not occur if SOC is not introduced.
I have tried running on another computer system also but the error still persists.

Following are the detail of my QE install
Quantum ESPRESSO version 5.4.0
Openmpi compiled
GCC version 4.8.5
CentOS 6.5

The pseudopotentials I am using are from PS Libary version 1.0.

Regards,
Ghadiyali Mohammed Kader
Research Scholar
Department of Physics