[Pw_forum] pwcond error: NAN value of transmission

zhout2 zhout2 at rpi.edu
Fri Jan 26 06:09:30 CET 2018

Dear QE community,

I was using pwcond.x to do conductance calculations for metals, which
were successful in many systems, but failed in a few others, in which
cases the calculated transmission coefficients are -NAN, as below:

to transmit
  Band j to band i transmissions and reflections:
     j         i     |T_ij|^2    |R_ij|^2

     1 -->     1        -NAN        -NAN
     1 -->     2        -NAN        -NAN
     1 -->     7        -NAN        -NAN
    Total T_j, R_j =       -NAN     -NAN

As the calculations were not interrupted and no error message was given,
I am struggling to find the cause of error. Could someone offer some
insight?

I have tried qe 5.1, 5.4 and 6.1, yet this error always appeared. The
crystal structure I used should be correct, because for some other
elements the calculations were successful. I'm attaching both scf and
pwcond files, though there was nothing wrong I could notice with the scf
step.

Thanks and best regards,

Tianji

Tianji Zhou