[Pw_forum] Installing Quantum Espresso version 6.2 with GFORTRAN and OPENMPI2

Stefan Seidl Stefan.Seidl at physik.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Jan 4 15:24:50 CET 2018

Dear all,
can anyone confirm a successful installation of Quantum Espresso version 6.2 on a supercomputer by using gfortran and OpenMPI2 and afterwards running a parallel job successful.

I did the installation "for the impatient" (configure finds gfortran over mpif90):
./configure
make all

Afterwards running a job, provides following message in my output file filename.out:
mpiexec noticed that process rank 26 with PID 9977 on node node0389 exited on signal 11 (Segmentation fault).

Nothing else is written in my outfile. Where could be the mistake ?

But I installed Quantum Espresso version 6.1 "for the impatient":
./configure
make all

Running the same job (as in version 6.2) with the 6.1 binary was successful.

Best,
Stefan Seidl