[Pw_forum] Pw_forum Digest, Vol 125, Issue 23

Ronald Cohen rcohen at carnegiescience.edu
Mon Jan 1 23:19:54 CET 2018

I have no serial executable, and have never built one, and it runs fine in parallel (except for this). I fixed the problem by changing:
!REC    IF ( opnd ) CLOSE( UNIT = unit, STATUS = status )
    IF ( opnd ) CLOSE( UNIT = unit )

in qe-6.2.1_fat/PW/src/buffers.f90

I think the problem, in my case anyway, is that the inquire shows the file existing, but meanwhile another MPI task deletes the file, so then it tries to delete a non-existing file.

Ron

> From: Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] BUG in ph.x
> Date: 29 December 2017 at 04:56:22 GMT-5
> To: PWSCF Forum <pw_forum at pwscf.org>
>

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Ronald Cohen <rcohen at carnegiescience.edu <mailto:rcohen at carnegiescience.edu>> wrote:
>
> forrtl: severe (28): CLOSE error, unit 20, file "Unknown"
>
> the file may be unknown, but the error is not: every time I had this error, it was due to a serial executable run in parallel
>
> Paolo
> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

---
Ronald Cohen
Extreme Materials Initiative
Geophysical Laboratory