[Pw_forum] Problem in SCF convergence

Dr. Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de
Thu Feb 22 13:52:57 CET 2018

Dear Bibhas,

reducing the mixing_beta helps with the convergence - I reduced it to
0.3 and the optimization is running for at least 5 steps... However,
at a certain point this could happen again (convergence problems) due
to charge "jumping" back and forth between atoms - try reducing
mixing_beta even more or increase the smearing or try with more
k-points...

Regards

Thomas