[Pw_forum] Plotting phonon dispersion

Vahid Askarpour vh261281 at dal.ca
Mon Feb 19 20:25:43 CET 2018

1. You could use the ibrav=0 results. In the matdyn.in, do not use

gG 50
 X 50
 M 50
 gG 8

Instead, explicitly give the coordinates of each high-symmetry point in cartesian.

2. Four days sounds like a long time unless you are running on few nodes. If a run takes several days, you can break it up into several parts using start_q and last_q.

3. I am not sure if specifying the high-symmetry points by just using their labels in matdyn.in will work for ibrav=6. It might.

Cheers,

Vahid