[Pw_forum] Color centers and charge states

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Mon Feb 19 09:51:31 CET 2018

My first choice would be some self-interaction corrected functional -
for this case special case something like this below (i.e. a perdew
zunger SIC functional only on the excess charge) could be the simplest
(it used to be implemented in CP):

https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.71.205210

A less poetic approach would be to use a hybrid functional (have a look
at the bibliography for the Al substitution in SiO2)

Plenty of literature on this general problem if you search.

			nicola