[QE-users] Installing on Mac

Will DeBenedetti wjd74 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 26 18:02:16 CET 2018

If you are using a Macbook Pro with four cores and would like to perform calculations in parallel, you will need to compile with MPICH or OpenMPI. If you are a student, the Intel Fortran compilers are free (and faster than gFortran). They can be obtained from Intels website, it is an easy download with a disk image that automagically unpacks everything in …/opt/intel Keep in mind that you’ll also need the MKL libraries which include the FFT libs.

If not, the best way to obtain the gnu Fortran compilers is with Homebrew (as previously mentioned).