[QE-users] shared library error

Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de
Tue Dec 4 12:14:23 CET 2018

Dear Haider Abbas,

do all the nodes have access to the same filesystem? I remember getting
such (or similar) errors
when I wanted to run a job on nodes with separate filesystem... In this
case be sure that each node
has access to the temporary directory. See also input variables outdir
and wfcdir

Regards

Thomas Brumme

P.S.: Please add your affiliation.
See also the posting guidelines here:
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/forum#1.0

On 12/04/18 09:41, Haider Abbas wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have prepared a 10 node cluster (each having 4 core). I have
> installed GAMESS and QUANTUM ESPRESSO. Gamess is running fine, but
> when I run quantum espresso with the command
>
> mpiexec -n 4 ./pw.x -i relax2.in <http://relax2.in> > out.out &
>
> I get no error and everything is fine. And the job run on all 4 core a
> single node.
>
> But when I run the same job on the 10 node with the command
>
> mpiexec -f hosts -n 40 ./pw.x -i relax2.in <http://relax2.in> > out.out &
>
> I get the error
>

> mpiuser at master:~/qe-29-11/bin$ ./pw.x: error while loading shared
> libraries: liblapack.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> ./pw.x: error while loading shared libraries: liblapack.so.3: cannot
>
> ./pw.x: error while loading shared libraries: liblapack.so.3: cannot
>

> However, I have "liblapack.so.3" in the same directory from where I am
> running the job.
>
> I sought your help.
> Thanking in advance.
> with regards

Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Brumme
Wilhelm-Ostwald-Institute for Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
Leipzig University
Phillipp-Rosenthal-Strasse 31
04103 Leipzig

Tel:  +49 (0)341 97 36456