[QE-users] How to obtain fermi energy through pDOS calculation of quantum espresso?

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Tue Aug 7 11:03:44 CEST 2018

Dear Moon: there is no point in using any smearing in an insulator (but for plotting the DOS, possibly, but that would be for post-processing purposes only). In order to compute the DOS, you may want to try the tetrahedron method, which is implemented in QE, although I do not know exactly how … Otherwise, Gaussian (or any other smearing) would do, but only in the post-processing phase … HTH — SB

—
Stefano Baroni - Trieste —  http://stefano.baroni.me <http://stefano.baroni.me/>