[Pw_forum] Structuring CELL_PARAMETER

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:24:20 CEST 2017

On 29/09/17 09:28, Omamuyovwi Akemu wrote:
> Dear QE users,
>
> I apologize if the question seem trivial. I have searched the pw-forum
> archive for a solution but did not get any.
>
> I want to set up the input of a BCC material using ibrav= 0
> When I set ibrav=3, the structure looks okay from xcrysden

What do you mean by "ok"? Does it look like a cube with many atoms in
it, or like the actual unit cell of the BCC lattice ?

Try pressing F3 and F4 to switch between the conventional cubic cell and
he actually BCC unit cell. Does this solve your problem?

I've attached two images of BCC Iron, for exactly the same input, one is
the conventional cell, the other is the BCC cell. Note that the
conventional cell has twice as many atoms, i.e. it is a supercell