[Pw_forum] Fwd: shape of real space wave functions in wfc2kr

Jacopo Simoni simonij at tcd.ie
Wed Sep 27 19:33:38 CEST 2017

Ok many thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay.

1- To check this problem I made a simple scf calculation for H atom in a
cubic cell with 8 k points and when I run wfck2r now I get nks = 8, so I do
not think it is a bug, I will try to figure out what is wrong with my other
calculation but I think there is a problem with my input
2- So you are saying that the wave functions I get are the coefficients
u_nk(r) in Psi_nk(r) = u_nk(r) e^ikr . These cannot be used to reconstruct
the density in real space because they are on the smooth grid . This smooth
grid is always given by the expression
r_ijk(:) = (i-1)/nr1x * a_1(:) + (j-1)/nr2x * a_2(:) + (k-1)/nr3x * a_3(:) ?
This function u_nk(r) does not seem to be normalized, what is the
normalization factor ? are these the same wave functions used in the
routine hpsi to compute the product with the local part of the potential ?

I am sorry for all these questions, but before using this object I want to
be sure what it is exactly. So I really appreciate your effort in answering
these question.

Jacopo Simoni
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Theoretical Division