[Pw_forum] Role of awin for macroscopic average calculation

shashi bhusan mishra mshashi125 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 21:11:15 CEST 2017

Dear QE users,

          I have a query regarding calculation of macroscopic and planar
average potential. While creating the input for average potential, what is
the role of the term *awin* ( the size of the window for macroscopic
averages). Can anyone give some more detail about the role of awin term and
how to choose suitable size ?
   In addition to that while calculating the planar average, though I
 specified nx,ny and nz values, the program sets automatic mesh grid size.
Is it automatic or user specified ? The file format is shown below:
           &inputPP
            outdir='/',
            plot_num=11
            filplot = 'test.pot'