[Pw_forum] How to calculate Mean Square Displacement (MSD)

Pascal Boulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Mon Oct 30 09:04:23 CET 2017

Hello,

Yes, you should account for periodic boundaries and fold back images. Details and algorithms can be found in:
Computer Simulation of Liquids'' by M.P. Allen and D. Tildesley Clarendon Press Oxford 1987.

Best,

Pascal Boulet
—
Professor in computational chemistry - DEPARTEMENT OF CHEMISTRY
Aix-Marseille University - ST JEROME - Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen - F-13013 Marseille - FRANCE
Tél: +33(0)4 13 55 18 10 - Fax : +33(0)4 13 55 18 50
Site : http://madirel.univ-amu.fr/pages_web_BOULET_PASCAL/infos - Email : pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr