[Pw_forum] rVV10 Functional

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Tue Oct 24 15:10:00 CEST 2017

Dear Ibrahim

> Is this pseudopotential correct?

Yes, it is. Long-range correlation is negligible in atomic
calculations such as those used to generate a pseudopotential.
However, remember to test it on simple and well-known systems before
usage...
Best
Giuseppe

Quoting Ibrahim Yahaya Muhammad <ibrahimyahayamuhammad at gmail.com>:

> Dear all,
> I want to run scf calculation for MoS2 using rVV10 vdw functional. For the
> pseudopotential I want an ultrasoft pseudo that contain rvv10 functional. I
> used pslibrary.1.0.0 to generate the pseudo and if I used
> "sla+pw+rw86+pbc+vv10" = rVV10 according to Modules/funct.f90 of QE6.1, I
> couldn't generate the pseudo. But if i used "sla+pw+rw86+pbc'' the pseudo
> generated. Is this pseudopotential correct.

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316