[Pw_forum] Selection of K point for band structure calculation

Saif Ullah kiterunner7 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 14:28:25 CEST 2017

Dear Madhurya,

1) You just need to go through the high symmetry points. The link may be
useful:  http://web.mit.edu/xcrysden_v1.5.60/www/XCRYSDEN/doc/kpath.html)

2) Fermi energy is important. You can use grep Fermi filename-scf.out, The
other values are for the energy range and how it will be divided. you can
choose e.g 0.1 10 etc.

Regards
Saif
Department of physics, UFJF, Brazil