[Pw_forum] version.f90 not found durin installation of qe-6.2

José Carlos Conesa jcconesa at icp.csic.es
Thu Oct 5 16:05:59 CEST 2017

Hi Paolo,
I do not understand what you mean by "unlikely"; this qe-6.2 version is
available in the normal qe download page. Maybe the -rc suffix means
pre-release; I did not know it.
In any case, the indication in the link that you give does not suffice:
at least I could not find any file named version.f90 in the tarball, and
what should one do otherwise with Modules/Makefile is unclear.
Please tell if one should refrain from using that version while it has
the -rc suffix.
Regards,
José Carlos
El 05/10/2017 a las 13:58, Paolo Giannozzi escribió:
> On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 1:43 PM, José Carlos Conesa
> <jcconesa at icp.csic.es <mailto:jcconesa at icp.csic.es>> wrote:
>
>     I have downloaded qe 6.2
>

> unlikely: what is available is a pre-release, for testing
>
>     Compilation starts [...] then aborts with the
>     message that version.f90 cannot be found.
>

> see here:
> http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/pw_forum/2017-September/113895.html
> <http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/pw_forum/2017-September/113895.html>
>
> Paolo

> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

José C. Conesa
Director
Instituto de Catálisis y Peroleoquímica, CSIC
Campus de Excelencia UAM-CSIC
Marie Curie 2, Cantoblanco
28049 Madrid, Spain
Tel. +34-915854766   Fax +34-915854760