[Pw_forum] Convergence test, vc-relax calculation

Anik Mondol anikmondol1206 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 11:34:35 CET 2017

Dear Users,
I am new to quantum espresso. I appreciate the things that can be done by
quantum espresso. I have  some specific queries. I will get to the points

My intention is to calculate bandstructure of GaN nanowire. I have carried
convergence test ( ecutwfc, kpoint , lattice parameters( a,c)) for GaN
supercell.
Then I constructed a nanowire supercell by adding vacuum . Then I have
performed a self-consistent and vc-relax calculation

Now my confusion is this :

1. Did I need to carry out convergence test for the supercell as well ?

2.After the vc -relax calculation, I want to do a final scf calculation do
I need to update my input file with the optimized results  from the outputs
of vc-relaxation or QE reads data from the saved directory ?

Regards

Mondol Anik Kumar
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology