[Pw_forum] dos.x issues

Wilbert James Futalan wilbert.james.futalan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 06:41:38 CET 2017

Good day Paolo,

Thanks for responding. dos.x allows parallelization. To prove my point
and as a workaround to this problem which has bothering me for quite
some time now, I ran it on the same cluster, but using 5.4.0:
 (Although I also tried doing the single-thread-single-processor run
as inspired by http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/pw_forum/2015-September/107940.html).

     Program DOS v.5.4.0 starts on 12Nov2017 at 14:22:57

     This program is part of the open-source Quantum ESPRESSO suite
     for quantum simulation of materials; please cite
         "P. Giannozzi et al., J. Phys.:Condens. Matter 21 395502 (2009);
          URL http://www.quantum-espresso.org",
     in publications or presentations arising from this work. More details at
     http://www.quantum-espresso.org/quote

     Parallel version (MPI & OpenMP), running on      12 processor cores
     Number of MPI processes:                 4
     Threads/MPI process:                     3
     R & G space division:  proc/nbgrp/npool/nimage =       4

   Info: using nr1, nr2, nr3 values from input

   Info: using nr1, nr2, nr3 values from input

     IMPORTANT: XC functional enforced from input :
     Exchange-correlation      = PBE ( 1  4  3  4 0 0)
     Any further DFT definition will be discarded
     Please, verify this is what you really want

               file C.pbe-n-kjpaw_psl.0.1.UPF: wavefunction(s)  2P renormalized

     Parallelization info
     --------------------
     sticks:   dense  smooth     PW     G-vecs:    dense   smooth      PW
     Min         268     108     37                 5896     1489     284
     Max         269     109     38                 5899     1509     285
     Sum        1075     433    151                23589     5985    1139

     Check: negative/imaginary core charge=   -0.000004    0.000000

     Gaussian broadening (default values): ngauss,degauss=   0    0.003675

     DOS          :     1.05s CPU         0.82s WALL

   This run was terminated on:  14:22:57  12Nov2017

   JOB DONE.

But this workaround still does not solve the root cause of the
problem. I would like to use the newest version of QE as much as
possible, but this problem really gets on my nerves. Until the time it
works properly, I might have to stick to older releases.