[Pw_forum] Inconsistent results of LDA+U calculation for v6.1 and v5.4

Dmitry Korotin dmitry at korotin.name
Mon May 29 06:39:25 CEST 2017

Dear Paolo,
thank you for the reply and fixing first of all.

> Your results for v.5.4 look very funny: you run in parallel on 4
> processors a serial code.

You are right. But there was a batch script that configures and builds
several versions, then runs the code... I even didn't realize that
some versions have not automatically configured in a parallel.

> Anyway, results for 5.4 are correct, those
> for 6.1 (and 6.0 as well) are unfortunately not. More exactly:
> non-default values of U_projection_type have no effect. This affects
> XSpectra as well. Explanations in this thread (note the date):
> http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/q-e-developers/2017-May/001665.html
> and fixes here:
> https://github.com/QEF/q-e/commit/78860ea5de8da244c7ecb9363f82fcab27b2043e
> Sorry about that, thanks for reporting this (you've lost the
> possibility to report an unfixed bug for just 1 day)

Well, since QE foundation do not pay for every new unreported bug yet,
I'am not upset about the not being the first ))

But it would be great to have a hotfix for ver 6.1 that fixes this
particular problem and do not affect any other piece of the code
(otherwise I'm able to use git diff, but not sure that other parts of
the code would work smooth). I realy think that bug in the LDA+U
implementation is a rather critical issue and deserve a release of
v6.1.1. Of course, you are the boss, anyway )