[Pw_forum] NRL Crystallographic Database Reborn

Michael Mehl mmehl at usna.edu
Thu May 25 15:44:05 CEST 2017

Hopefully many of you remember the old NRL Crystal Lattice Structures page,
which went dark a few years ago because I couldn't keep up with NRL's web
policies.

Now that I've moved the the US Naval Academy, and with help and support
from the AFLOW project (http://materials.duke.edu/), Duke University, and
the Office of Naval Research, we've been able to revive the page, now known
as the Library of Crystallographic Prototypes:

http://aflow.org/CrystalDatabase/

The current database (288 structures) is also out as an upcoming paper in
Computational Materials Science,
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0927025617300241.  If
you're outside Elsevier's paywall, you can see the preprint at
https://arxiv.org/abs/1607.02532 .  Warning: it's 828 pages, including all
the structural information, CIFs, and POSCARs, so don't hit the print
button unless you really mean it.

Now that we're back in operation, we're adding new structures to the
system.  Let us know what we're missing, and of course let us know about
any errors you spot.

Thank you for your patience, I hope the new site will be useful.

--

[image: USNA_Gold_Seal.png]

Michael J. Mehl, Ph.D.

Kinnear Chair in Physics