[Pw_forum] QE for aqueous solution?

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Sat May 6 10:51:18 CEST 2017

Dear Ashkan
I'm afraid I do not agree with you. Among many examples, I remember
this now classical paper written by *very* skilled colleagues ;-)
The influence of temperature and density functional models in ab
initio molecular dynamics simulation of liquid water. J VandeVondele,
F Mohamed, M Krack, J Hutter, M Sprik, M Parrinello
The Journal of chemical physics 2005, 122, 014515.
That was performed by using the CPMD (periodic+plane
waves+pseudopotentials) suite of programs, if I remember well (by
heart, because I'm abroad and I cannot access literature now), O-O
g(R) was converged and in agreement with measurements by using a not
so big periodic box and a not so long (initial equilibration + ~10 ps)
simulation time.
Maybe there are choices better than QE for this kind of ab initio
simulation (CP2K? CPMD?), but I would not give it for granted...
Best
Giuseppe